Headquartered in Brighton and launched in 2021, Founders Hub is a community platform for Entrepreneurs and Founders to collaborate, share knowledge and resources and pitch for investment. With over 1,000 active members and growing rapidly, Founders Hub is fast becoming the go-to resource for entrepreneurs to learn from peers.
Founders Hub was created as a free online community for entrepreneurs to learn from one another and receive advice from subject matter experts in all the right places; strategy, brand, product design, strategic partnerships, sales, marketing, publicity, communications, data, leadership, mentoring, talent, finance and fundraising.
Founders Hub is part of the Sopro Holdings Group which also includes Sopro’s fully managed service and SaaS business, Outbase.
Our Commercial Manager will be responsible for growing and developing our Founders Hub community, and establishing new revenue streams. A broad role in nature, you will have proven skills in commercial awareness, user liaison and project management. Culturally, you are a social butterfly, with an innate ability to work a room and build your network.
You will play a pivotal role in supporting that growth as we build and engage our community and the right candidate will want to embrace this incredible opportunity. We take pride in cultivating a passion for development and culture internally and so you should also be motivated by these qualities, and similarly avid about working with some impressive stakeholders.
Community growth and engagement
- Deliver constant growth in total users, as well as increasing engagement of existing users
- Lead end-to-end user journey design and ongoing journey change management – coordinating the inputs from several teams
- Play an active role in the community
- Spearhead online and in-person events
- Translate brand purpose and relevant business issues into compelling propositions that drive brand awareness and build brand affinity, customer engagement and conversion rates.
- User development: define and lead innovative and effective strategy to commercially maximise the community’s 1k+ relationships
- Build a network of prospective investors
- Development of partnership channels and associated sales strategy
- Develop and manage a high performing team that can grow with the development plans in place and a motivated mindset established as the norm
- Project delivery against the long-term strategy and goals for Founders Hub, including technical projects and development of a platform
- Coordinating new feature / product launches alongside Sopro marketing team
- Facilitate cross-functional agreement with key stakeholders on user experience issues and collaborate across the business in a matrix style to deliver improvements
- Proactively communicate actionable insights with relevant teams, ensuring the voice of the user is a core part of key product, service and policy design decisions
- An exceptional communicator, confident and competent at presenting to senior management building consensus and buy-in and managing external agencies to meet the needs of the business
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment combining strategic thinking, end-to-end execution expertise, and the ability to think quickly and deliver at pace
- Combination of strategic thinking, end-to-end execution expertise and the ability to adapt quickly and deliver at pace
- Analytically minded, with the ability to identify trends within data set and to translate them into actionable insights
- Powerful leadership skills with a vision and understanding of the future and subsequent changes required to meet business needs
- Proven ability to effect change and meet business goals, monitor progress and take corrective actions when necessary
- Has an innate ability to channel different points of view, with the ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly
At Founders Hub, we invest in our people – they are what makes our company great, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels valued. Some of the perks we offer include:
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare insurance
- Profit share scheme
- Regular social events
- Flexible working – a mix of office and remote working environments
- Open door policy to all levels of management – everyone’s ideas are listened to and, in a lot of cases, implemented
We employ some of the best talent we have ever come across, from our management team to our developers… through to our exceptional marketing and operations teams. Nobody grows without working with the best, and you will be working with the best from day one.